If it has been issued before the end of 2020, your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will still be valid into 2021 until its expiry date. You should still make sure your travel insurance has health cover, particularly if you have a pre-existing medical condition, as EHICs do not cover every eventuality. You can visit the UK government website to check what your travel insurance should cover.
Articles in this section
- Can I still use my UK drivers licence to drive in mainland Europe after Brexit?
- Has duty free be introduced following Brexit?
- How will Brexit affect my passport?
- Will I need a visa to travel to the EU?
- Will I need to start paying for data roaming again?
- Will my EHIC card still be valid when I travel to the EU after Brexit?